Saturday 10 May 2014

Schaschke and Gane

Two lovely friends recently had a flat-warming. I decided to take the fimo elephants to the next level and put them on a platform.

I asked Father Dear to cut me a nice slice of wood from one of the many bits of tree we have lying about the garden- waiting to be used. I must use this material more in future! Really enjoyed painting on in and it makes a really lovely platform for the little figurines!

The elephants represent both Lynsey (Schaschke) and Tom (Gane)

Lynsey's elephant:
Colour: The closest I could get to a teal- her fav- I'm running out of fimo colours. Must invest in some more!
Objects: And behind Lynsey's elephant are things she likes- sushi and art books etc.

Tom's elephant:
Colour: Blue- his fav. I had to marble it with white since I didn't have enough blue- but I quite like how it came out :)
Objects: Behind Tom's elephant - a couple of video game references- mushrooms from Mario Kart and an Xbox 360 controller and a Duck. He likes ducks :P

Both the elephants are holding a little home together. They look pretty cute if I may say so myself!







A friend of mine suggested I should open at Etsy shop. And the more I think about it, I think I will. When I was making this present I kept thinking I should sell all things elephant :) Watch this space for more information. 

2 comments:

  1. Knowing the story behind it makes it even more personal ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) this is what has stopped me form selling work before - i never think it's good enough unless it has a story behind it

    ReplyDelete