Thursday 31 May 2012

Book Covers 1, 2, 3!

Some more folio work... The first two book covers are for Penguin's Book Cover competition...
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. One of the important things that happen in the book is the fishing trip. I wanted to include imagery from that scene...Throughout the story, there is a sense of the unsettling, the unreal- and i wanted to make an image which showed something which was as odd and impossible as the title of the book...
And here's my entry for the children's book cover competition...
And finally- here's one just for fun. Amongst many other classics, Jules Verne also wrote Around the World in 80 Days. I must say it was in the top five of my favourite books as a kid :) Initially i intended to make a cover for that book but then I found this one. There's some great imagery in the book - worth a read if you can persist with Verne's crazy detailed descriptions...

No comments:

Post a Comment